- Author: Tom Y. Sawyer
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (March 27, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430218983
- ISBN-13: 978-1430218982
Learn the business thinking behind financial modeling and execute what you know effectively using Microsoft Excel. Many believe that sales and profitability projections shown in financial models are the keys to success in attracting investors. The truth is that investors will come up with their own projections. The investor wants to understand the assumptions, structure, and relationships within the modeling of a startup. If the investor is satiated, the entrepreneur has successfully demonstrated a complete understanding of the business side of the enterprise. Pro Excel Financial Modeling provides the keys necessary to learn this thinking and to build the models that will illustrate it.
- Step–by–step approach to developing financial models in Excel
- Extensive case studies and Excel templates provided
What you’ll learn
- Learn the business thinking behind successful financial modeling aimed at investors.
- Communicate effectively with investors.
- Explore advanced modeling with Microsoft Excel, including cost of information technology, customer return on investment, cost of sales and marketing, cost of goods sold, team and staffing, profit and loss.
- Discover best practices for modeling using Microsoft Excel.
- Anyone who wants to think critically about their business models, communicate these models to investors, and successfully build them in Microsoft Excel will find the information they need within this material. Additional readers who will benefit include entrepreneurs, technologists, and developers who wish to start a business utilizing their technology ideas, and business and technology consultants.